Xiaomi Mini Router R1CM - Downgrade from OpenWRT 15 to PandoraBox
- The Wifi speed is slow (reference)
- Occasional error message found in system log and/or kernel log. The router is not stable.
- Assume your router is on OpenWRT 15.05
- Please download Pandorabox stable version at here.
(I recommend using r1024 over r512. It is because I encounter bug on VLAN switching on r512. The switch did not respond to ARP request or send ARP request on non-default VLAN (i.e. outside VLAN1).)
- Login to your OpenWRT console
- Go to "System" - "Backup/Flash Firmware"
- Under "Flash new firmware image", clear the checkbox "Keep settings".
- Click "Browse" button and then upload the image. Click "Flash Image"
- The router will flash and reboot. Please wait until the LED stable.
- The router will change to default IP (192.168.1.1). If you cannot ping the IP after 10 mins. You can power cycle the router.
- Other Tweaks
- Error :br-lan: received packet on eth0.1 with own address as source address
- Check if WAN and LAN interface has same MAC address. If that's the case, please manually change the MAC address of WAN interface. Then restart the system.
- Package List
- The package list inside the firmware is incorrect You may need to manually change it. Go to "System" - "Software"
- Click "Configuration"
- Change to content as below:
dest root /
dest ram /tmp
lists_dir ext /var/opkg-lists
option overlay_root /overlay
src/gz r2_base http://downloads.openwrt.org.cn/PandoraBox/ralink/packages/base
src/gz r2_management http://downloads.openwrt.org.cn/PandoraBox/ralink/packages/management
src/gz r2_oldpackages http://downloads.openwrt.org.cn/PandoraBox/ralink/packages/oldpackages
src/gz r2_packages http://downloads.openwrt.org.cn/PandoraBox/ralink/packages/packages
src/gz r2_routing http://downloads.openwrt.org.cn/PandoraBox/ralink/packages/routing
src/gz r2_telephony http://downloads.openwrt.org.cn/PandoraBox/ralink/packages/telephony